The club was formed by members of the Hammersmith Branch of the YMCA at the end of 1888. The name ‘Wycombe House’ is derived from the name of the YMCA’s Hammersmith Road headquarters – a large house with extensive grounds which appears to have dated back to at least the mid eighteenth century and may have originally been the farmhouse of Stonehills farm, long ago demolished.
The club’s first ground was a pitch on Wormwood Scrubs rented from London County Council and it later played on other rented grounds in West London before arriving at its present ground in 1939.
The ground was requisitioned during World War II as a farm for livestock. Sport restarted in 1948. The club purchased the freehold in 1978 and inaugurated a new clubhouse in 1981.